Speaker Assoc. Prof. M. Stoeva
Weekly classes 2+0+2
Control fomr Exam
The course introduces students to the environment, technology and technology for application programming in the WINDOWS environment. The discipline examines:
- basic programming software under WINDOWS (message processing, menu operations, dialog and graphic elements, etc.), and
- tooling and programming tools for creating complex applications (DLL, COM, MFC, ATL, ActiveX and ODBC interface).
Main issues of the syllabus content:
- Organization of program components in WINDOWS.
- WINDOWS Window Object Model, Event Programming, Message Exchange.
- Basic WINDOWS concepts, resolving resources, dynamic libraries, program component interaction, RAM management.
- Create custom dialog, resource editor, dialog elements.
- Manage user dialogs, menus, dialog boxes, dialogs.
- Device Context, Graphics, Keyboard and Mouse Control.
- Principle of operation of complex controls: tree control, tabular control
- Creating and accessing dynamic libraries (DLLs).
- COM-modules, principle of operation, exemplary COM modules
- Libraries and modules for user dialogue management MFC, ATL, ActiveX.
- Access to databases, ODBC interface, database management functions.