The course strives to create knowledge and skills in the fields of office technologies.
Student will be competent in the concepts of office systems methodologies and capable of applying these concepts in structured and non-structured problems in an office environment. Students will also integrate technical skills to computer hardware and software applications.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to apply knowledge of various software packages to a variety of work settings and tosolve practical engineering problems arising in the today’s office.
Main issues of the syllabus content:
- Word processing;
- Desk publishing;
- Creation of graphical objects using graphic libraries;
- Creating forms, tables and structured documents;
- Exchange documents with external systems (Dynamic Data Exchange - DDE / Object Linking and Embedding - OLE);
- Multimedia: audio comments, video clips;
- Automated synthesis of documents.