The main goal of the course is to provide students with knowledge and skills for designing computer networks with the application of CAD technologies in the planning, design and development of network infrastructures. The stages of computer network design are considered in detail. Students are introduced to the current standards, concerning the requirements setting the framework of the project - financial, consumer, security, performance, reliability and resilience. Skills for planning, designing, drawing and documenting a computer network are created.
1. International standards concerning the design of computer networks. Legislation in Bulgaria. Sanitary and hygienic norms.
2. The concepts of "network analysis", "network architecture", "network design" on a physical and logical level. Computer network planning. Hierarchical levels.
3. Investment process. Participants. Stages. Forms. Phases of the investment process and related tasks. Computer network design cycle.
4. Building Information Modeling (BIM). Optimization of information flows, financial resources and personnel by applying modularity, sustainability and security in solutions. Hierarchy based on Software-defined networking (SDN) and its connection with structural cabling design.
5. Feasibility study. Analysis of consumer needs, availability and requirements. Analysis of data flows.
6. Feasibility study. Planning the deployment of servers with services, firewalls, and company security policies at the physical level. QoS planning and performance.
7. Feasibility study. Design phases. Conceptual, technical and working design. Ordinance 4 on the scope and content of investment projects. Activities.
8. Working project. Project coordination. Requirements for drawings and accompanying documentation.
9. Logical design. Logical network planning - selection of specific devices, division of subnets, division of domains, deployment of servers, planning of firewalls.
10. Activities during the project implementation. Commissioning. Planning mechanisms for monitoring the implemented network in order to reduce failures and improve productivity - centralized, distributed and hierarchical management.
11. Evaluation of network performance. Process documentation. Security - risk assessment, risk minimization mechanisms.
12. Design of sites with special requirements. Design of data centers.
13. Design of sites with special requirements. Design of public buildings - airport, stadium, mall, bank.
14. Design of sites with special requirements. Design with requirements for cloud services and virtualization
15. Coordination and approval of investment projects. Limits of the professional responsibility of the designer for events during operation. Compulsory insurance.