The main goal of the course is to provide students with knowledge and skills in the field of technology for virtualization and implementation of data centers and cloud infrastructures. The principles of virtualization, the types of virtual machines and hypervisors, the solution of a number of issues related to the virtualization of processors, memory, input / output devices and networks are discussed. Modern virtualization environments are presented, such as VMware, Microsoft Virtual Server, Xen and others. Skills for installing, configuring and maintaining VMware ESXi server virtualization are developed.
1. Virtualization. Basic Principles. Need to develop virtualization
2. Virtual machines (VM). Process VM. System VM).
3. Type 1 and type 2 hypervisors. Principles of operation.
4. Virtual infrastructures. Infrastructures in data centers.
5. Processor virtualization. Paravirtualization.
6. Status of programs and interpreter.
7. Direct and indirect interpretation of threads.
8. Virtual memory. Address translation tables. Memory protection.
9. Virtualization of input / output devices.
10. Virtual file systems.
11. Server virtualization. Desktop virtualization.
12.VMware ESXi server. Virtual Center Server (vCenter). Architecture. Interaction.
13. VM migration - VMware VMotion. Distributed Services - VMware High Availability
14. Allocated resource management. Distributed power management. Distributed network management
15. Cloud infrastructures. SaaS, IaaS, PaaS.