The course "Internet Servers and Technologies" aims to provide students with knowledge in the field of principles for the construction, operation and application of modern Internet services. Issues related to the principles of the functioning of Internet services, their configuration, access control and protection are considered. The course covers some of the most common services such as FTP, Web and Proxy servers, e-mail, Internet search engines, remote access. Issues related to the construction of cloud infrastructures are also considered.
1. Internet servers - general concepts, architecture. Model of interaction with clients.
2. FTP servers. FTP protocol. Operation modes. Anonymous FTP servers.
3. HTTP servers. HTTP protocol. Apache server.
4. Configuring an Apache server. Virtual hosts.
5. Control of access to web sites. Configuration via htaccess.
6. Proxy servers. Architecture. Kinds. Principles of operation.
7. Squid proxy server. Configuration. Exchange control at the application level.
8. E-mail. SMTP and ESMTP protocols. Postfix mail server. Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions.
9. Protocols for receiving e-mail POP3 and IMAP4.
10. Mail relays. Fishing. Spam. Solving problems.
11. Remote access. RDP and VNC protocols. T
12. Internet security.
13.Search engines. Architecture. Principles of operation.
14. Controlling the process of crawling sites by search engine bots.
15. Cloud infrastructures. SaaS, IaaS, PaaS.