The main goal of the course is to provide students with knowledge and skills for modern wireless communication technologies. The principles of operation of specific 3G, 4G and 5G technologies, the methods for prioritizing users for these technologies and the resources for resource allocation are thoroughly considered. Students are introduced to current standards in the field of wireless communications. The methods of access control and the resources for allocating the resource for specific 4G and 5G technologies are presented. Variants of operation of heterogeneous wireless networks are considered.
1. The essence of wireless technology. Standards for wireless communications. Market situation 3G / 4G / 5G networks in Bulgaria / Europe / World.
2. Business models related to Wi-Fi to differentiate the offers of service providers
3. WiFi technology. Standard 802.11.
4. Bluetooth technology. Standard 802.15.
5. Zigbee technology. Essence. Problems.
6. LiFi technology. Essence. Application. Perspectives.
7. WiMAX technology - concepts, architecture
8. LTE technology - concepts, architecture.
9. Mobile Broadband Wireless Access (MBWA). Standard 802.20
10. Application of IPv6 in personal wireless networks with low consumption. 6LoWPANs. RFC 4919. RFC 4944.
11. Wireless mesh networks (WMN). WLAN and WMN. Combined networks.
12. Problems with spectral compatibility in 3G / 4G technologies and ways to overcome them.
13. Quality of Service (QoS) in 4G / 5G networks.
14. Realization of horizontal and vertical handover in different wireless communication systems.
15. Requirements for heterogeneous wireless networks. Standard 802.21. IEEE 802.11u, IEEE 802.11ac standards