The course aims to deepen the theoretical knowledge and form practical habits of students in the field of designing computer systems and devices for various purposes with microprocessors and microcontrollers. In order to achieve the set goal, the tasks and methods of synthesis and analysis of the individual stages of design are considered. The course deepens the knowledge of single-chip microcontrollers (SCM) and their use in control systems. Families of 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit
of leading companies in the field are considered. The main attention is paid to the microcontrollers offered by the companies Microchip and Atmel. Small systems created with their help are considered. The architecture, their main characteristics, the organization of the memory, the program model and the system of instructions are discussed. The modules built into
- timers, analog-to-digital converters, standard ports for serial and parallel connection with other peripheral modules and controllers, the realization with their help of standard wired and wireless interfaces are considered. The technology of application software design for
is studied. Some aspects of the structural layout are also considered. Displays and exercises the design and connection of a keyboard, symbolic and graphic controller for LED and LCD, real-time clock, Flash and EEPROM memories, stepper and DC motors and relays, sensors with analog and digital interface. The design of the drivers for the management of the included modules is considered.
1. Purpose and tasks of design
Main goals and tasks of the design. Design automation. Design stages. Toolkit.
2. System design
3. Organization of interfaces in computer systems.
4. Architecture of AVR and PIC microcontrollers
5. Compilers and software development tools
6. Microprocessor system with PIC18F6585 - 8 bit PIC microprocessor.
7. Microprocessor system with AT91SAM7X256 16/32 bit ARM7TDMI microprocessor.
8. Arduino surname
9. Microchip Ethernet controllers
10.CAN / LIN controllers of Microchip